Sunday, March 5

32 Weeks...

I'm not sure if everyone knows or not, but I was told last month that I have Gestational Diabetes. The nurse said that my blood sugar levels are a little high and Dr. Pennebaker wants to monitor me and the baby from here on out. She wants to make sure that he doesn't get to big...we don't want to deliver a 12 pounder! I have to test my blood sugar 4 times a day and we're going to try to control it with diet (have to watch my total carbs.) So far it's been pretty good, but when I went to the doctor last Thursday she said my "fasting numbers" were still too high. Unfortunately, we can't control them with diet so I'm going to have to give myself insulin shots. Well, Jason is going to have to give me insulin shots. Not sure what I'm going to do when he's at work though. I hear Uncle Larry gives shots pretty good and he just lives down the street. Sounds like a plan. :-)

I took the news very hard. It's scary enough becoming a Mommy, then you're told some bad news. I am thankful that it's not as bad as it could be, but it's still not something I wanted to deal with. It's also something that I wasn't prepared for. I know that God isn't going to give me something that I can't deal with. So I'm dealing with it and doing good so far. Please keep me, Jason and Baby Jackson in your prayers.

I love you all & can't wait til you guys get to meet Baby Jackson. He'll be here before you know!
Love,
Régan

This is a good site to learn about gestational diabetes... http://www.diabetes.org/gestational-diabetes.jsp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home