Happy Birthday, Jackson!!
On Thursday, April 13th Robin and I went to my normal doctor's appointment and boy did we get a HUGE surprise!! I had had several contractions the day before and had to stay home from work, but I didn't think that I would have the baby the next day!! So in the examining room with Dr. Pennebaker, I told her about the contractions and how I was ready to have him and she told me she wanted me to stay pregnant for just a little bit longer. We went ahead and scheduled a C-section for April 27th. She then checked to see how far I had dilated and then... Oh My Goodness!!!, she "stripped my membranes." She said this would cause me to have some more contractions and maybe even go into labor. Well I began to bleed very badly and she decided to send me over to the hospital to be monitored for several hours and to get another ultrasound. So off to the hospital we went. We didn't think it was a big deal so we didn't tell anyone to rush over, including Jason. Mama came anyway and I am so glad she was there. :-)
Around 3:30 the nurse came in and told me "we're going to have a baby today." I was so excited and so scared! I couldn't believe the day had finally arrived!! So we began calling everyone to tell them I would have a C-section around 5:30. Before we knew it everyone was up at the hospital and Maw Freda and Papa Mike were on there way. Jason and I felt so lucky to be surrounded with people that loved us and even luckier when our little bundle of joy arrived at 5:58. The C-section went very well and Dr. Pennebaker said she was very glad we chose to have one. He had such wide shoulders and it would have been difficult on everyone to have him vaginally. He was 8 lbs 2 ozs and 20 1/2 inches long. I told her the next day that I thought she knew what she was doing when we were at her office the day before and she just smiled at me. I think she knew how ready we all were for Jackson to be here.
When we heard Jackson cry out, Jason and I both cried. It was the most magical moment of my life. Within a matter of seconds, I became a Mommy. It was all so surreal. I am so blessed in so many ways and I am so thankful for every moment. Thank you to everyone that came to the hospital and to those who kept us in their thoughts and prayers.
Since we've been at home, it has been a very big adjustment, but both Jason and I are handling it well. We love being parents and just sit and hold Jackson for hours looking at how beautiful he is. We are both so mesmerized by him. Hopefully very soon, we will be out and about visiting you all. I'll try to update the site as much I can.
Lots of Love,
Régan
























































































0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home